The Sabbath services on October 6, 2018 began with a song service led by Pedro Arce, accompanied on the piano by Samantha (junior), on the trumpet by Benny (sophomore). The opening song was “Showers of Blessing”. Kaydence (9th grader) welcomed everyone and had prayer.
Yzzynne and Kelly-Anne (9th graders) had prayer and read the scripture reading – Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:”
The freshmen class then read a mission story about a problem in Myanmar with the need for a larger school in the capital city. It seemed that whatever they did the Adventist believers couldn’t get the necessary construction permits. Then God intervened. Seated at the city office desk was a lady who sent her children to the school. Permits granted.
They then called for the Laurelbrook Missions Offering, which was collected by Daryen and Felix (juniors) and which goes to support Laurelbrook mission trips. Elena (9th grader) and Samantha (junior) sang a vocal duet for special music, accompanied on the piano by Jeremy Westcott.
Pastor Richar Perez had the theme talk on “Gifts from God”, had the closing prayer, and announced the classes. James Brenneman led the lesson study in the main sanctuary, Jeremy Westcott taught the class “behind the glass”, Ruan and Kate Swanepoel taught the class in the boys’ dorm lobby, and Pedro Arce taught the nursing home class.
Personnel Other Than Students:
James Brenneman – one of the academy history and English teachers
Jeremy Westcott – one of the academy English teachers
Pastor Richi (Richar Perez) – academy boys’ dean / campus chaplain
Pedro Arce – head of the campus music department
Ruan and Kate Swanepoel – heads up the campus agriculture program
Following are a few notes from Pastor Richar’s presentation:
1. Blessings God gives us are really gifts.
2. In Psalm 1 you can see all the blessings for those who serve the Lord.
3. When you are close to God, you have happiness, which is really a blessing.E
4. Ephesians 1:3 “Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly [places] in Christ:”
5. Matthew 5:45 “That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.”
6. Due to sin, there are blessings that no one wants to get.
7. Job 2:10 “But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.”
8. Joseph was faithful to the Lord, but he wound up being a slave. Then he wound up in prison for refusing to do according to his mistress’ desires.
9. The disciples were in the grips of a storm – and Jesus arrived just in time.
10. Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.” Even bad blessings.